Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association
Center for Disaster Mental Health
241 Taylor Street, Suite 130
Dayton OH 45402
Direct CDMH Office: 937-424-2362
GDAHA Office: 937-228-1000
The CDMH will be a committee-based organization with two co-chairs. The co-chairs will be elected for two-year terms on alternate years. The CDMH will meet at least quarterly with minutes being recorded. Official membership will consist of representatives from partnering organizations including:
- Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board for Montgomery County
- American Red Cross
- Boonshoft School of Medicine Department of Psychiatry
- Clark County Combined Health District
- Dayton Veterans Administration Medical Center
- Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association
- Hospice of Dayton
- National Center for Medical Readiness
- Tri-County Board of Recovery & Mental Health Services
- Wright Patterson AFB School of Aerospace Medicine
- Wright State University College of Nursing and Health
- Other interested providers in the region are also invited.
For a binding vote there must be at least five of the partnering organizations represented and then it will be a simple majority of all attending the meeting. Funding for organization activities will be provided by the individual members as well as available state and federal funds.
- Educate local populations and local providers about preparing for and managing the mental health consequences of disasters.
- Develop networks of educated disaster mental health providers within the Miami Valley Region.
- Develop educational programs to be exported to other agencies interested in Disaster Health training.
- Creation of regular, regional Disaster Mental Health Symposium.
- Promote a coalition of mental health partners supporting community responses during emergency events.